Thursday 7 May 2009

No More Whispers

Alas, Whispers of Wickedness is no more.

For those who've no idea what I'm talking about, Whispers of Wickedness was a print magazine, a fiction writers' website, and a discussion forum conceived by the enigmatic, and somewhat philanthropic, "D".


It attracted its share of superb writers--Peter Tennant, Rhys Hughes, Steve Redwood, and many more too numerous to mention.


The forum was the friendliest place I've ever encountered on the Web. I can say with all honesty I've never seen even the hint of a flame war in its hallowed halls.


I slush read for Whispers for a while, and that, along with the company I kept, taught me a great deal about my own writing.


So, thank you D, and Pete, and all who made Whispers the pleasure it surely was.

No comments: